How to cure varicose veins in the legs
Throughout the history of humanity, people who suffer from varicose veins in the legs. It is considered that this disease is a kind of reward for our fair the ride of any other mammal does not face problems. Women are more susceptible to the disease than men. You have the place and by the age factor, however, doctors point out that the last time варикоз in the legs a lot has been rejuvenated – among the patients are now even in the school.
What is varicose veins in the legs
Spider veins, convex, swollen nodosum of vienna – as it looks outwardly of varicose veins , you know, I think that all. Therefore, we will talk about that during the disease occurs in the interior of the veins.
When the elasticity of the varicose veins decreases and, as a consequence, expand. In the interior of the veins are a kind of valve which regulate the blood flow that goes to the heart of the lower limbs. If these "gateway" to work correctly, the problem does not occur. In the case of the emergence of disruption in their functioning and evolution of varicose veins. The valves do not close, obstruct the circulation of the blood towards the heart, which is stagnant in the veins. Naturally increases the pressure that pushes the blood in deep, thick veins, more thin, more close to the skin and vessels. The system of these veins is not adapted to such quantities of blood, as a result of its wall is not only overly stretched, but still and destroy.
The result of this process are visible on the skin spider veins, which in themselves constitute a serious aesthetic problem. The disease progresses, the subtle gradients of vienna are becoming more pronounced, they acquire a distinctive blue colour, thicken, and soon they appear nodules.
The causes of varicose veins
There are many factors, at times increase the likelihood that a person will be affected by varicose veins:
- The genetic heritage of the parents or of the grandparents, who are faced with varicose veins, the descendant can "take" from vienna, with special reference to the structure (the connective tissue weakness, the imperfection of the valves, etc..); and then, without the continued compliance of the measures of prevention that will most likely necessarily, sooner or later, it will become a patient with the diagnosis of "varicose veins in the legs".
- Hormonal fluctuations the majority of them are affected by the woman (menopause, menstruation, pregnancy, etc), which explains the explicit gender of the selectivity of the disease; in addition, the risk of occurrence of varicose veins increases, and the treatment of the drugs – have been scientifically proven to contain female sex hormones and their substitutes, dramatically reduce the elasticity of the venous walls.
- Nervous disorders, stress, depression, all of this decreases the tone of the veins, because the elasticity of their walls is governed by knowing the nerve endings.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (which, again, is more prevalent in women) – not only do these processes can be caused by the imbalance of hormones., but they can also damage the small vienna.
- The lack of physical activity in the life of a person is the result of a long seat of vienna tighten, it alters the circulation of the blood, slowly lower the tone of the venous walls, and, finally, the blood begins to stagnate, and occurs of varicose veins (today, the doctor was there even a term special computer of varicose veins, is so great, the number of patients, the cause of the disease which has granted the work that flashes the monitor).
- Excessive exercise – they are referred to in weight lifting, excess weight, pregnancy, work, associated with long-term presence in the legs; in consequence, pressure increases in the veins, which threatens with the appearance of varicose veins.
- Flat feet.
- The habit of always and everywhere "flaunt it" in the wrong high-heeled shoes.
- Constipation, increased pressure in the abdomen. Diseases and injuries.
- The soil – as mentioned earlier, the risk of developing varicose veins is greater for women.
- The structure of the body – as a general rule, varicose veins are more likely to suffer people of stature above the average.
The symptoms of varicose veins in the legs
The symptoms of varicose veins are characterized by progressive evolution. Clear signs are detected immediately, at the first stage of the disease is manifested through:
- swelling of the feet, especially after a long stay in a or standing position, which is normally only subjected to the morning – the first indication that the deep veins evil to do to meet their obligations;
- cramps and numbness in the shins, especially this symptom manifests itself through the night and in the morning;
- the feeling of heaviness, burning, itching and pain in the legs especially characteristic of the second half of the day;
- the first visible signs – is characteristic of red and blue spider veins, and the stars, well visible on the skin.
The appearance of the first signs of alarm it is not worth the setting of the visit to the doctor. As is known, any illness is more difficult to treat, precisely, in the initial stages. If the symptoms have been ignored and the patient is not considered reason enough to request assistance, in the future they hope signs, such as:
- the seal and the darkening of the skin of the leg: it stains and peeling;
- vienna become painful to palpation ;
- expressed in terms of muscle pain, the intensity of which increases with the time distance;
- the appearance acting on the skin of the thighs and the stop of the venous of the nodes.
If the treatment of competent shall not be allocated at this stage, the patient inevitably expect serious complications, which will be discussed later.
When to see a doctor?
There are indications of the emergence of which is an absolute indication for urgent medical treatment. Them refers to:
- feeling of weakness in combination with difficulty breathing and the feeling of lack of oxygen;
- acute acute pain in the leg, the leg condenses, appears a burning sensation;
- start torrent of turning the author's fears and suspicions of the plot.
As it gets this diagnosis?
An accurate diagnosis can put only the doctor – flebolog or vascular surgeon. Consult a specialist, preferably at the first signs of alarm in the agency. Of course, the first in the research procedures include the inspection and survey of the patient. Then, to confirm the diagnosis and to obtain the maximum of information on the nature and severity of the disease may need the following procedures:
- The ultrasound of the veins in the process of this research reveals not only the presence of varicose veins, but still and draw conclusions about the direction of the current of the blood, presence of blood clots and tumors, we evaluated the extension of the vessels;
- in contrast veno spelling – it is very precise and informative method of research, by the results which it produces the possibility in the most complete way possible to evaluate the state of the veins; this survey will be done through the introduction into the organism of the person of a contrast dye, that colors the blood.
Both methods are interchangeable. Due to the lower invasiveness in the last time, preference is given to know, the ultrasound of the veins.
That dangerous of varicose veins?
About varicose veins there is the aphorism, created by the doctors "Disease, which manifests itself in the legs, and stabbing in the heart". In fact, this disease is not simply a cosmetic problem that leads to problems and reduces the quality of life. In the absence qualified medical assistance for varicose veins, fraught with serious complications, even death.
Thus, the consequences of the varicose veins in the legs can be:
- thrombophlebitis – the disease is accompanied the progress of inflammatory processes in the dead of the veins;
- disorders of the nutrition of the tissues;
- increased pigmentation;
- the increase in the formation of a blood clot – it is dangerous not only for health but for the life complication.
It is worth saying about this frequent "companion" of the varicose veins in the legs, as the food of the pest. The cause of their emergence is the continuous venous insufficiency, and increased pressure in the veins. These ulcers, as a general rule, long do not heal, are very difficult to treat and may limit the working capacity of the patient and can even lead to disability. Swelling, painful, pain and even the unpleasant odor – all of this makes the life of a very sick person. The appearance of venous ulcers is the one who suffers the varicose veins humans contribute even minor wounds, and bruises, that just can't be avoided. By the way, sometimes (in rare cases) that these lesions are reincarnated in a malignant tumor the tumor.
The treatment of varicose veins in the legs
The treatment of varicose veins in the legs depends, in the first place, from the phase of development of the disease. If it is the early stages of the disease, when as yet have not been declared l complications, and irreversible processes, typically used the conservative treatment, i.e., treatment without surgery, which may include the following procedures:
- Medical therapy – this is the pills (venous tonic, anti-inflammatory medicines, anticoagulants (blood thinners), and on the resources, that is to say, all kinds of creams.
- Tighten the treatment, the use of компрессионных average or, as an option, wrapping his legs the elastic bandage.
- Pneumonia massage is performed with a device of pneumonia massager personal, activates blood circulation, improves trofiku tissues and, as a result, the uncomfortable symptoms of varicose veins diminish and disappear.
- Sclerotherapy: it is applied in case of that, without the removal of affected veins not to go. Without a surgical scalpel, in the vein of a special closing of the blood stream of the medication, in consequence, the glass of atrophy and disappears. This does not occur quickly, within a year it may be necessary to not only one session, but the effect of склеропластики worth it.
- Endovenous coagulation laser – one of the most modern methods, is performed under local anesthesia, the result can be seen through the month.
- The leeches – this is one of the non-traditional methods of treatment of varicose veins in the legs is based on the special as leeches – through a bite of the skin of the patient and, subsequently, the drinking of the blood are produced in the blood of a substance hirudin ; however, today you can do without the leeches on the shelves of pharmacies there are a lot of drugs that contain this tool.
The prevention of varicose veins
Special attention to the prevention of the varicose veins in the legs must be given to people in high-risk groups: those whose families suffer this disease, to representatives of certain professions (teachers, hairdressers, etc), overweight people, pregnant women, etc
In the first place, it is necessary to lead an active lifestyle. Do sports (swimming, bicycle), prefer hiking "sealing" of travel on public transport, go up to your floor by the stairs and not the elevator, etc
The same, which by the nature of the activities that spend a lot of time sitting or standing situation, it is worthwhile to pay attention to the following recommendations:
- When you hold the position best time of time of standing with your feet about a foot, moving the fingers of the feet.
- The workers made the days by the computer screen, periodically, it is recommended to put the feet up on the table – in such a situation has greatly improved, the reflux of the blood from the veins of the lower extremities.
- A small support for the legs is able to reduce the dangerous pressure; in addition, she is very comfortable during long to perform the basic exercises.
- Simple exercise, consisting in the newspaper of the rise of the toes of the feet, contributes to the tension of the leg muscles and improves the flow of blood upward.
- At least once per hour for 5-10 minutes) should be separated from the chair and a little bit of exercise.
Compression garment is not only used for the treatment of varicose veins , but also for its prevention. So, for example, if the person in the family suffering from this disease during pregnancy, when traveling and long trips in bus or train, is in the process of training it is best to use компрессион stockings, or to see the feet of the elastic bandage.
If the problem is already said to itself, even in the easier to the extent necessary to avoid the following:
- oral contraceptives (in their contain hormones, can worsen the situation);
- wearing shoes with high heels;
- excess weight and obesity;
- the consumption of salty foods, fatty and spicy dishes;
- carrying heavy suitcases (now it is very popular luggage with wheels);
- hair removal with wax;
- long hot baths;
- saunas and baths;
- the abuse of alcohol, consumption of tobacco;
- the self-medication.