The causes of varicose veins of the legs, their symptomatology and characteristics of the solution
The condition can affect any organ, where there are large veins (stomach, esophagus, men in the testes), but more common in varicose veins of the lower extremities. We will talk about the causes of the appearance of varicose veins in the legs, methods of diagnosis and solution.
Varicose veins is an irreversible extension of the veins due to a failure of operation of the valves involved in the mechanism of the circulation of the blood from the veins of the lower extremities. Of the normal form, the reduction and relaxation of the muscles of her vigorously moving towards the top of the valve to valve, but the expansion of vienna valves stop hitting and the reflux of the blood decreases, which causes a series of clinical symptoms.
Subsequently, venous wall become weak and thin, and that to remain a secret, even after the improvement of the circulation of the blood.
According to the statistics, the symptoms of varicose veins you have one of each ten men and one out of every three women in age from 30 to 40 years. Among the leading countries in the prevalence of the pathology are the developed countries of europe, where it is diagnosed in 30-40% of the population; less commonly varicose veins are found in africa and asia (around 0.1%).
Why is it, risk factors
The exact causes of the development of the disease are not known, but most professionals will lean more towards theory: the people in the genre were observed cases of varicose veins surgery, are in the risk group. Also factors inducing the development of the disease include:
- sex. Affect women varicose veins to a greater extent than men is associated with increased venous of the burden during pregnancy and childbirth, as well as with the reception of the hormonal drugs;
- the bad habits and excess weight. The smoking, the abuse of foods rich in fat and alcohol have a negative effect on the process of the circulation of the blood in the body, increase the pressure on the vein and can call the of the offence;
- the conditions of work. The people that due to the nature of their profession are forced to stand or sit immobile for a long period of time (hairdressers, sellers, waiters, office workers) suffer from this disease more often than others;
- excessive exercise. Another category of people who are at risk of suffering from varicose veins – those engaged in heavy manual labor, or some of the security forces of sports (e.g., weightlifting);
- harmful clothes or shoes. Form-fitting, chains the movement of the clothing and high-heeled shoes, also contributes to the deterioration of the hemorrhage is venous.
More frequently (in 75-80% of cases), the disease affects the trunk and the branches of the great saphenous vein, in the 5-10% of the small hipodrmica, and the 7-10% of patients in the process involved two of vienna.
In the clinical course of varicose vein surgery of the lower extremities of the specialists distinguish two forms and four groups.
Of the form:
- draw the process extends from the top down to large femoral vienna, from his mouth;
- ascending – the disease begins with the foot and is conditioned upon the violation of work of the device of the deep veins.
- subcutaneous or in the interior of the skin of the pathology, not harried venous reset;
- segmental with the reflux disease by perforating and superficial veins;
- common with venous reflux disease (superficial and perforating veins);
- the extension of the reflux disease deep veins.
According to the degree of venous insufficiency are four key phases in varicose veins:
- 0 – the symptoms of the disease may be present, but does not define the methods of diagnosis;
- I – for this stage are characteristic transient swelling, syndrome of the heavy feet", the appearance of "vascular asterisk;
- II – the emergence of the contaminants from the oedema, which appear in the night, the change of color of the skin, eczema;
- III – the presence of venous ulcers, in particular, and not of cure.
The risk and complications
The risk to the health and life of the patient is the disease itself and the complications that entails. They include eating disorders of the epidermis, so that it may form ulcers trophic and the nose of the inflammation, and is also the most dangerous complications – thrombophlebitis. It leads to an increased thrombosis and, in consequence, blood clots, breaking away from the venous walls, can interrupt the functioning of the internal organs, and in the most difficult cases to cause death of the patient.
In addition, vessel dilation with thinning of the walls run the risk of mechanical damage, capable of causing a severe hemorrhage.
The symptoms of the
The first symptoms of the disease are heaviness and tiredness in the legs, which tend to appear at the time of the evening and is reduced in the supine position. Vienna acquire cyanotic hue and are excreted on the surface of the skin, appear the "spider veins" (advanced web of capillaries, translucent through the skin), and the common feature is that venous figure disappears, if you raise the upper limb (for example, put on the chair).
Over time, varicose veins is becoming more and more pronounced, displays the type of small nodules or large conglomerates.
Unpleasant symptoms are intensified and are concerned about patients, even in the night, in which appear the swelling of the soft tissues most often in the area of the stop, thighs and ankles, as well as the feeling of extending the arms in the legs and cramps in the calf muscles.
In the absence of a proper treatment of varicose veins progresses, the skin becomes dry, it appear the seals and dark spots, and later ulcers and trophic. During the development of the thrombophlebitis of the vein to become of a bright red color, cable visible and painful-integrated to palpation.
When to see a doctor?
Many people ignore the first signs of varicose veins surgery, he could see her adapting to the fatigue. This complicates the treatment of the disease and can lead to more serious consequences, therefore, the doctor must go immediately after the onset of symptoms of the disease of the permanent feeling of tiredness and heaviness in the legs, changes in the color of the veins and skin, edema, "vascular spiders", etc
Often, in order to clarify the painting of the illness of the patients require the advice of other professionals: a doctor, a gynaecologist, vascular surgeon.
Diagnosis of varicose veins of the lower extremities" they get after a thorough study, which includes:
- the general analysis of blood – by the amount of red blood cells, platelets, leukocytes and hemoglobin level it is possible to judge about violations of the coagulation of the blood and the presence of inflammation;
- the ultrasound is a more efficient method for the identification of the affected vessel and the plots of the veins;
- rheovasography were performed to determine the failure of the supply of blood to the tissues , on the basis of what can be determine the stage of the disease;
- phlebography, in the that in vienna, the injected contrast medium, after which, with the help of the x-ray apparatus, it assesses the state of the venous system;
- physiological of the sample give the possibility to judge about the operation of the apparatus superficial veins.
The treatment of the
In the initial stages of varicose veins with he can fight against conservative methods: receipt of medicines, the use of ointments and gels, the use of compression underwear, moderate exercise. For the correction of cosmetic defects patients may be recommended an invasive surgery or laser treatment.
In most implementation cases of varicose veins can you get rid exclusively through the surgical procedure, and your view is adjusted individually for each particular case.
The forecasts and measures of prevention
As well as varicose veins is irreversible, the total recovery in this case we can not speak. But when timely diagnosis, the right treatment and the prevention of patients can completely get rid of unpleasant symptoms and lead a productive life.
In the number of measures of prevention of varicose veins includes a healthy lifestyle, proper nutrition and the rejection of bad habits. To the people of their profession for a long time to be in the same position, it is recommended to avoid the crossing of the extremities, from time to time to perform simple exercises of flexion and extension of the legs and do a light massage to improve the circulation of the blood.
In his free time needs as much as possible to make walks in the fresh air and practicing moderate physical activity.
Women, who follow the fashion or working clothing, and constantly going in high-heeled shoes, a time to change into more comfortable shoes.
The same thing happens with the inconvenience of the clothes, since even стягивающее clothes can be the cause of disorders of the circulation and appearance of varicose veins in the legs of women.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities today is a very common disease, which often do not give a special meaning.
It is very important to remember that this lack of attention to the health of your feet may cost a person not only of ability to work, and life, while in the initial stages of varicose veins with quite a lot of success is subjected to the correction of the most simple methods.