Varicose veinsTo take action
Varicose veins in the legs in women: Expansion of the superficial veins, in which the valves are interrupted, worsens blood flow. Blood flows from the legs through deep and superficial veins, they are interconnected into one whole.
The cause of varicose veins on the legs in women, where does the disease come from?
All veins have valves, if the deep veins cannot cope with their load, the load increases in the superficial ones. More blood enters them, it is more difficult for them to cope with the load.
That's when we see the swollen veins that are visible through the skin.
- Sedentary lifestyle, our laziness or sedentary work.
- Passion for novel diets lacking in fiber.
- The inheritance of the parents plays a very important role.
- Tight and tight pants, with high heels.
- Our habit of sitting cross-legged, the blood flow almost stopped.
- heavy loads in the gym.
- Taking hormones, contraceptives, cold remedies.
These are common causes of varicose veins on the legs in women.
Signs of varicose veins in the legs in women, how to know if you have this disease:
The insidious thing about this disease is that varicose veins in women at first do not appear in any way, for a long time it is just a cosmetic defect.
When there is a feeling of fatigue, heaviness in the legs with small dilated veins - these are the first varicose symptoms of the development of your disease.
- So the tingling is disturbing.
- Leg cramps, especially at night, itching
- Burning sensations.
- Heat, pain, swelling.
- When edema appears, the skin seems to darken, becomes smooth, cuts, abrasions on the legs do not heal for a long time.
- These are more alarming symptoms of the disease, the body tells you that it cannot cope with the disease itself, so you must go to a specialist for help.
Diagnosis of varicose veins in the legs in women:
Perform the following varicose vein diagnostics:
Methods to study the venous system.
- Determination of venous pressure in mm Hg: use photoplethysmography at various patient positions using compression tests.
- Air plethysmography: determines not only the volume of the leg in (mm), but also the volume of venous blood ejection and its fraction. Residual volume during a shin shrinkage test.
- Doppler ultrasound: establishes the patency of the great veins by auscultation and graphically. The Valsalva maneuver and compression tests can confirm or deny the diagnosis.
- Duplex scan: with its help, the main veins are monitored (they determine the size, patency, light status and presence of blood clots, nature and speed of blood flow, function and insufficiency ofvalves).
- Intravenous ascending phlebography: a contrast medium is injected into a peripheral vein. The purpose of the study is to identify the pathology of the veins of the lower and upper extremities.
Signs of varicose veins on the legs in women, if left untreated:
If varicose veins are not treated, changes will appear over time on the inner surface of the lower third of the leg:
- Then a formidable complication: a trophic ulcer. You probably know what it is, how difficult it is to deal with it, to live with it. Trophic ulcers occur due to a very poor blood outlet, a small trauma causes trophic ulcers to spread down the lower leg.
- Blood clots occur most often in dilated veins, which can dislodge at any time and enter the pulmonary artery. Thromboembolism occurs, this is a threat to your life.
If the inflammation of the veins (thrombophlebitis) has started, you need bed rest, raise your leg, put a blanket or some kind of roller under it. This will help relieve swelling, tighten arteries, veins, prevent gangrene when tissues die.
Make sure your products contain vitamins C, P, A, E, as well as trace elements:
- Potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iodine, zinc, iron. A large amount of potassium is found in honey, apple cider vinegar.
- To get these two products immediately, drink 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of honey water up to 4 glasses a day. Lubricate your feet with the same composition.
How to treat varicose veins of the legs in women:
Use medications that increase venous tone and improve blood flow, as well as topical gels.
Mikulin's exercise is very effective in clearing blood vessels: stand up on your toes so that your heels are 1 to 2 cm off the ground, then lower yourself sharply onto them. After doing it 30 times, rest for 10 seconds. Exercise calmly several times a day. You cannot do more than 60 heels on the floor at a time.
Prevention of varicose veins in the legs in women:
In order not to start the disease at the beginning of its development, it is very important to prevent varicose veins.
- Start by wetting your feet with cold water, this is a type of training that strengthens the blood vessels.
- Freeze decoctions of medicinal herbs in the freezer, clean your tired legs with these cubes. Take sage, it has an analgesic but calming effect.
Massage your feet.
Doing from a sitting position:
- From the bottom up, stroke the legs from the knee to the groin. Enough 3 times.
- Flex your thigh muscles 7 times.
- Massage the knee joint in a clockwise direction.
- From a prone position, legs bent at the knees:
Move the lower leg up and down 3 times.
- Stretch your calf muscles 5 times.
- Shake your leg muscles 4 times.
- Stretch your foot. Massage each toe, heel, and sole more vigorously.
- Light and rapid stroking of the whole leg, the protruding veins cannot be touched; leads to the formation of a blood clot.
- Do the simplest "bike" exercise, alternately lifting your legs, not bending them.
- Walk more. When the disease does not bother you too much up to 8000 steps a day.
The following tips are also helpful:
- Give up the alcohol.
- Limit salt, foods that contain it, sweets, refined foods, flours, absolutely any canned food, smoked meats, do not take anything at all, if you want to be healthy, get rid of them in shape, in a month you will be surprised to knowwhy did you eat them.
- Avoid sitting for a long time in one position to avoid muscle stiffness and standing up.
- Do not sit cross-legged, this will affect venous flow.
- Don't gain weight.
Exercise your legs every day:
- Get on your toes more often.
- Go up the stairs on foot, forget that there is an elevator in the world for at least 5 floors.
- Walk 1 to 3 km for at least an hour.
- For a long time (at least 1 hour), maintain a posture with your legs elevated above the level of your heart.
How to treat varicose veins in the legs in women, home remedies:
Warm foot baths with oak bark or a decoction of marigold flowers are very helpful:
Pour 20 grams with boiling water, boil for 15-20 minutes in 0. 5 liters of water, then pour into a bucket, dip your feet to the knees for half an hour. I remind you once again that the water should be warm, not hot.
I'll also give you a prescription to treat a trophic ulcer. Just a magic ointment for varicose veins, try from the bottom of my heart I help you:
Take one scoop at a time:
- Onion juice.
- Liquid soap for washing.
- Ichthyol ointment.
- Aloe juice.
Put everything in a small saucepan, heat to a boil, do not boil, apply the cooled ointment on a cloth, bandage it so that you can walk with it during the day. Then wash your leg, apply the ointment again for a day.
Heals until the salve is gone. Repeat the treatment 2 times a year. The edema subsides, the veins are almost invisible, the blue disappears, the pain disappears. Successful treatment.
Small varicose veins are fought with a sclerosing drug, which closes the vein and disappears. However, there are drawbacks here, you need to wear a tight bandage for a long time, sometimes a bruise remains at the injection site.
Creams, ointments, gels
They are also called vein tonics: various ointments, gels, creams that are applied to diseased veins, have a beneficial effect on blood flow, the wall of veins. They are used at the first signs of illness: heaviness in the legs, night cramps. Reduce symptoms, add medicated underwear to improve results.
- Take 4 tablespoons of flaxseed per 1 liter of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, insist wrapped for 1 hour. Drink half a hot glass every 2 hours 6 to 8 times a day. The result will be visible in 2-3 weeks.
- Drink lingonberry leaf tea (1 teaspoon per glass of water).
- 10 grams of birch leaves. Pour hot water up to 50 degrees, leave it under the lid for 6 hours. Drink half a glass 2 times a day.
- You can sew bags according to the size of your feet, fill them with birch leaves. Put your legs in a bag so that they are in the leaves on all sides, then they will start sweating, when after 4 hours they get very wet, replace them. Session 3-4 is usually sufficient.
How to treat varicose veins on women's legs, compression underwear:
If you have an inherited venous disease. Often concerned about pain, heaviness in the legs, consult a phlebologist or vascular surgeon for advice.
You will be scheduled for a Doppler ultrasound or photo plethysmography. Know that the test is harmless, not painful. Identify the stage of development of your disease and then you will select a treatment method.
Medical stockings, knee-highs and leggings are used for both the prevention and treatment of varicose veins. It's called a compression garment, there are 4 degrees of compression (pressure).
They are measured in millimeters of mercury. In the initial form of varicose veins, first degree stockings or stockings with a pressure of 18-21 mm Hg are prescribed. The doctor will tell you what type of underwear you need.
We treat varicose veins in the legs in women, operations:
This operation is performed under general anesthesia. In the leg, 0. 5 cm incisions are made, through which the diseased veins are removed.
Compression garments should be worn after surgery. Many people want to know if it is possible to get rid of varicose veins forever. Varicose veins in the lower extremities do not heal completely after surgery.
After the diseased vein has been removed, all the load it was carrying will be redistributed to other veins, its load increases, therefore, over time, the nodes appear in a different place.
However, if prevention is done in time, varicose veins on the legs of women are treated and eaten well, it can slow down the development of this disease for a long time, it will not turn into a more serious stage.
I hope my dear ones, that I helped you with something, you will be less sick. Run on your feet without pain all your life.