Varicose veins of the lower extremities.
Science has shown that varicose veins in the legs develop only in humans. This is due to the fact that the person is constantly in an upright position, so the circulating blood is located under the heart. The walls of the veins and blood vessels in the lower extremities are under excessive pressure and therefore wear out quickly.
Why do varicose veins occur?
What are varicose veins? This is the subcutaneous swelling of the peripheral veins, when they take on the appearance of strongly swollen internal convolutions of a bluish tinge. At the same time, nodes are formed in them, and the valve is destroyed. Because of this, the blood flow cannot increase and the veins begin to experience pressure due to stagnation of the blood. When it reaches its maximum, the blood flow is expelled and the excess stretches the walls of the vessels, so that the veins become visible under the skin. Vascular networks are formed, very noticeable nodes are created on the legs - these are varicose veins of the lower extremities.
When is leg vein treatment necessary?
The main causes of varicose veins are pregnancy, obesity, permanent upright position, hereditary weakness of connective tissue. The main symptoms of the disease are:
- sensation of heat, burning in the vessels of the lower extremities;
- pain, heaviness in the legs;
- weakness in upper and lower extremities;
- night cramps;
- thickening and dark color of the pimple skin.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities have three stages. The classification of the disease occurs according to them:
- Compensation phase.The initial stage can take more than a year. Manifestations of venous insufficiency are sometimes completely absent. The patient is concerned about the rapid fatigue of the legs, the appearance of spider veins.
- Subcompensation phase.It may take several years. A pronounced deformation of the vessels develops, the outflow of blood is disturbed, and the valves of the deep veins are affected. Swelling occurs regularly, cramps at night, the skin on the legs is brown.
- Decompensation phase.The signs of varicose veins are aggravated, the affected area increases, the legs and feet are constantly swollen. At this stage of the disease, complications develop: age spots, impregnation of the subcutaneous tissue, ulcers.
How to treat varicose veins
About 70% of men and women in the world have varicose veins, so it is understandable why people are interested in how to treat varicose veins. Modern medicine offers medical, physiotherapeutic and surgical therapies. In traditional medicine, to get rid of varicose veins, procedures such as:
- sclerotherapy, when the walls of the blood vessels are frozen;
- hirudotherapy, in which leeches act on the veins, helping to dissolve blood clots.
Capsules, tablets, injections (injections) are often used for drug therapy of varicose veins of the lower extremities. The most common are:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs.Reduce swelling, relieve pain, inhibit platelet adherence.
- Anticoagulant agents.Prevents blood clots, slims and improves blood circulation.
- Phlebotonic.Improves the tone of the walls of blood vessels, increases blood flow, eliminates swelling and burning.
Doctors prescribe an operation for varicose veins if no other treatment has helped. There are several types of surgical intervention:
- Phlebectomy.The veins affected by varicose veins are removed. The procedure is done through small incisions in the lower extremities.
- Disassembly.The affected vein and all its tributaries are removed. The operation is performed through an incision in the crease of the groin.
- Laser therapy.The light beam enters the veins through punctures. As a result, they get drunk, dissolve, and disappear.
How to bandage leg veins
Elastic compression is an effective nonsurgical method of treating varicose veins. First, together with the doctor, the required length, extensibility and width of the bandage are selected. 10 minutes before the procedure, the patient should lie down with the legs raised and in the same position apply a bandage. It is necessary to start with the feet, gradually moving to the lower leg, not forgetting the heel. Each round of the bandage overlaps the previous one almost halfway. The last turn is 10 cm above the affected veins.
How to cure varicose veins without chemicals and without surgery? There are popular recipes that can alleviate some of the symptoms of a chronic disease:
- Nutmeg tincture.Powerful medicine that relieves swelling and pain. Pour the ground nutmeg (100 g) with vodka (0. 5 L). Insist 10 days, shake daily, then filter, take 3 times / day, 20 drops each until the bottle is completely empty.
- A decoction of verbena leaves.Perfectly tones the veins, strengthens the superficial walls of the blood vessels. Pour in 1 tbsp. boiling water 2 tbsp. l. herbs, then let it steep. Drink the broth 3 times a day for 1 tablespoon. l. within a month.
- Garlic infusion.Relieves heaviness in the legs, restores disorders of the venous wall. Chop the peeled garlic (250 g), cover with liquid honey (350 g), leave it to act for 14 days. After infusion, take 1 tablespoon. l. 3 times a day. You must drink the medicine within 30 days.
Can varicose veins be prevented?
To eliminate the risks of the manifestation of varicose veins, it is necessary to get rid of the main causes of their appearance and external factors: smoking, alcohol, unhealthy diet. Varicose veins in the lower extremities develop from a lack of fiber-rich foods in the diet. It is an intestinal cleanser that removes toxins, pus, toxins, and radionuclides from the body.
Doctors recommend, to avoid varicose veins, drink at least one and a half liters of plain water every day, control weight and do leg exercises. It is necessary to avoid overheating and colds, since sudden changes in temperature are poorly reflected in the veins. For the same reason, it is undesirable to drastically change the climate and it is better to rest in your own climate zone.