How to treat varicose veins (varicose veins) of the lower extremities (legs) in women and men
With varicose veins in the legs, home treatment is used in the early stages of the development of the disease, when the symptomatic picture is mild or moderate in intensity. Traditional methods show quite good efficacy in the treatment of varicose veins, but in order to stop the further development of the disease, they must be combined with traditional methods of treatment.
Folk remedy recipes
It is possible to cure varicose veins with a single folk remedy only if the disease is moderate and you have mild symptoms.Any popular prescription requires an agreement with the attending physician, because there are contraindications.
Alternative methods of treating leg varicose veins are often used as prophylaxis during pregnancy, if a woman has a genetic predisposition to this disease.
You can treat varicose veins at home with apple cider vinegar, which is used both externally and internally. A small amount of vinegar is applied daily to the skin of the feet and rubbed in with light massaging movements. External use of the product is combined with internal use. 1 teaspoon vinegar should be mixed in a glass of boiled water. You should drink the resulting liquid 2 times a day for ½ glass. The course of treatment is 1 month. If it is necessary to repeat the treatment, it is necessary to take a break for several weeks.
Clay lotions and compresses
Getting rid of varicose veins on the legs with the help of clay is considered one of the most effective and safe alternative treatment methods, which pregnant women can safely use. Clay of any color is suitable for the treatment of varicose veins, but preference should be given to green.
To prepare a compress, you need 1 tbsp. Stir the clay with a little warm water. Pour the liquid into the container with the ingredient gradually, stirring constantly to achieve the desired consistency (like sour cream).
Lay the resulting mass on gauze, fold in several layers and apply it to the legs in those places where varicose veins are most pronounced. Cover the bandage on top with a plastic bag. The retention time of the compress is up to 3 hours. After the procedure, wash the clay with warm water without detergents.
Acacia flower tincture
For the treatment of varicose veins at home, an alcoholic tincture of acacia is used, which helps to eliminate painful signs of the disease in a short period of time. The product helps to restore the tone and elasticity of the veins, eliminating their swelling.
Tincture preparation method: 50 g of acacia inflorescences, wash thoroughly under running water, pour 250 ml of vodka and leave the container to infuse for 14 days, shaking regularly. Apply the tincture externally: every day it is necessary to clean the skin of the legs, rubbing with massage movements.
Varicose veins of the lower extremities will disappear much faster if horse chestnut is used in treatment, a natural product that is widely used in folk medicine to treat many diseases.
A tincture for internal use based on horse chestnut should be prepared. Pour 50 g of the main ingredient with 500 ml of vodka and let it infuse for 2 weeks in a dark place, regularly shaking the container with liquid. After 14 days, strain the tincture through a fine strainer or cheesecloth folded in several layers.
It is necessary to take the remedy 3 times a day for 1 tablespoon. before the main meal. The admission course is 7 days, after which a 14-day break is essential.
Treating varicose veins at home with green tomatoes is one of the most common. Tomatoes help to cope with swollen veins, eliminate painful signs of the disease. Green tomatoes contain lycopene, which normalizes blood circulation, restores vascular tone and elasticity, and reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
Method of using tomatoes for varicose veins: cut the vegetable into thin circles, fix it to the legs and fix it with bandages. You can keep such a compress overnight. The tomato treatment period is unlimited. This method of treatment has no contraindications and does not cause secondary symptoms.
You can cure varicose veins at home and quickly stop the symptom picture in both women and men with the help of white cabbage. Place several leaves of vegetables one on top of the other, roll them out with a roller (with pressure) so that the juice stands out. Apply a thin layer of sunflower oil to one side of the sheet and apply it to the leg. Tie on top with a bandage or gauze. You should keep such a compress for a day or overnight. The duration of such cabbage therapy is 30 days.
One of the most effective remedies in the fight against varicose veins is potatoes. Cooking method: chop 5 medium potatoes with the available tools (grater, mixer, meat grinder). Spread the puree evenly over the surface of the legs, wrap it on top with cling film or a plastic bag.
The term of use of the compress is 4 hours. This method of treating varicose veins will help normalize venous circulation, quickly eliminate signs of the disease such as pain and a feeling of heaviness, and remove the venous mesh.
The treatment of varicose veins with nettle is one of the oldest methods. It is recommended to make a decoction based on the burning plant. 1 tbsp. Pour the chopped ingredient with a glass of water, put on fire, after boiling the liquid, turn it off. When the broth has cooled, it should be filtered. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day. The duration of the therapeutic course is up to 6 months. The broth should be taken before the main meal.
We eliminate varicose veins on the legs quickly and easily with the help of a tasty nutmeg-based broth. It is recommended to grind 2-3 walnuts into powder or finely chop them. 1 teaspoonpowder, pour 200 ml of boiled water. After a few minutes, when the water has cooled a bit, add 1 teaspoon to the liquid. Dear. Let the broth infuse for 30 minutes.
Take 1 glass a day, it is better to do it in the morning before breakfast. The course of treatment is up to 6 months. The first result will be visible in a month.
To remove varicose veins at home, you can use ordinary laundry soap. To prepare the medicine, you will need the following ingredients:
- acetic acid salicylic ester tablets - 10 pieces;
- vodka - 250 ml;
Dissolve the tablets in vodka (first crush them to powder), insist on the liquid for 2 days, and then pour 1 tablespoon into it. crushed laundry soap. All ingredients should be mixed well until the soap dissolves completely.
Lubricate the surface of the legs with the resulting product, wrap it with bandages on top and leave it overnight. The duration of therapy is until improvement occurs.
You can get rid of varicose veins at home with the help of calendula, a plant that has healing properties. On the basis of calendula, you need to prepare a decoction. Pour the inflorescences with 1 liter of water, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. In the resulting broth, you need to moisten a cloth and apply it to the legs. You need to keep it until the fabric dries. It is recommended to repeat the procedure up to 4 times a day. The course of treatment is unlimited.
The comprehensive treatment of varicose veins of the legs also involves adherence to a therapeutic diet that helps to clean the blood vessels, restore the work of the heart muscle and prevent further development of the pathological process. The diet should regularly contain foods that reduce blood density. These include:
- garlic onion;
- olive oil;
In the everyday menu, you need to enter the following products:
- black currant
- leafy vegetables;
- apples and celery;
- lentils and oats;
It is necessary to refuse a large amount of salt, marinades and pickles, spices. They retain moisture in soft tissues, which aggravates the course of the disease.
It is possible to cure varicose veins without surgery if you start fighting the disease in a timely manner. Among the many physiotherapeutic procedures and conservative treatment methods, hirudotherapy is given a special place - treatment with pharmacy leeches. The enzymes found in the saliva of worms are characterized by the following properties:
- stop stagnant processes;
- prevention of thrombus formation;
- elimination of painful symptoms of varicose veins;
- relief of edema;
- treatment of inflammatory processes;
- normalization of blood circulation.
After a session with leeches, the soft tissues receive the required amount of oxygen and nutrients, regeneration processes are started, the tone and elasticity of the walls of blood vessels are restored.
This name hides the procedure for the treatment of varicose veins by bees. Insect venom contains many useful enzymatic substances that, in the case of varicose veins, have a wide spectrum of action:
- initiate regeneration processes;
- eliminate trophic ulcers;
- have a strengthening effect on the vascular walls;
- restore the tone and elasticity of the walls of blood vessels;
- reduce the likelihood of blood clots;
- reduce the risks of heart attacks and strokes;
- relieve swelling;
- quickly remove the unpleasant and painful signs of varicose veins of the legs.
The procedure is as follows: the doctor places bees in separate parts of the patient's body, where the biologically active points are located. After the sting, it takes a while for all the venom to penetrate under the skin, only then is the sting removed and the sting smeared with boric petroleum jelly. 1 session lasts up to 15 minutes. The first session of the treatment course begins with 1 bee. Their number gradually increases. When the course is completed in the middle (15-20 days), the number of bees decreases and only 1 insect is used in the final session.
It is also recommended to treat varicose veins on the legs of women with the help of compression underwear. Slimming sweater:
- Supports and exerts a compression effect on blood vessels, which contributes to the correct redistribution of blood flow. The blood volume is divided between the damaged and healthy veins, relieving excessive stress on the former.
- Helps improve access of oxygen and nutrients to soft tissues.
- Reduces the likelihood of blood clots.
It is especially helpful for women to wear compression underwear during pregnancy. This is the best prevention of varicose veins in the presence of a genetic predisposition. An important rule for wearing compression underwear is to wear it only during the period of physical activity; should be removed at night.
Compression underwear is divided into several types based on the degree of compression. It is not recommended to choose the underwear yourself. The required degree of compression is selected only by a doctor, taking into account the severity of the pathology:
- Grade 1: used as prophylaxis for varicose veins in overweight women, during pregnancy, in the initial stage.
- Grade 2: used to treat existing varicose veins or thrombophlebitis.
- Grade 3: used in the development of trophic disorders caused by varicose veins and in the diagnosis of a pathology such as venous insufficiency.
- Grade 4 - used very rarely, in the presence of lymphatic edema, if the varicose veins were severely neglected.
Wearing compression underwear helps to quickly eliminate the painful symptoms of the disease, relieving the constant feeling of heaviness and ringing in the legs.
To combat varicose veins on the legs at home it is necessary not only with diets, decoctions and compresses, but also with physical exercises. The regular implementation of a simple, but extremely effective exercise for varicose vein disease allows you to quickly eliminate painful symptoms, restore the tone and elasticity of the walls of blood vessels, and normalize blood circulation. A set of exercises:
- Stand straight, keep your back and neck straight, do not lean your torso forward, lower your arms. Stand on your toes, stay a few seconds, and then slam your feet down to your heels. The number of repetitions is up to 50 times. It is recommended to perform the exercise several times a day.
- Perform a similar exercise sitting in a chair: bend your legs at the knees, put your feet on your toes and lower them on your heels.
- Perform the toe raise and heel drop exercises. First, you need to stand with your back to the wall, resting your shoulder blades on it, then turn your face, putting your palms on the surface of the wall, your arms should be straight.
To obtain a positive result in the treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities, regular exercise is important. You need to perform such exercises every day up to 4 times. These simple exercises will be especially helpful for pregnant women as an effective way to prevent varicose veins.
Contraindications and possible consequences of home treatment.
It is possible and necessary to treat varicose veins at home, but do not forget that there are contraindications to this approach in the treatment of the disease:
- The forgotten stage of pathology. In the presence of constant pain in the legs and frequent cramps, it is useless to use alternative methods, the only effective method of treatment in this case is surgery. If you use folk methods, they will muffle the painful symptoms, but the disease itself will quickly develop and have serious consequences.
- Individual intolerance to the components that make up plants.
- The presence of wounds and other lesions on the skin; in this case, the use of ointments, lotions and compresses is excluded. They will severely irritate the skin and cause severe allergies and dermatitis.
- Abnormalities in the work of the kidneys and liver are contraindications to the internal intake of decoctions, because they are capable of provoking complications.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract - refers to decoctions and tinctures for internal intake, which increase the intensity of the symptoms of diseases.
Given the presence of contraindications and the risks of complications, the use of any prescription of traditional medicine, no matter how safe it may seem, must be agreed with the doctor.