Varicose veins in legs. Symptoms, home treatment.
Varicose veins in the legs is a fairly common disease that affects a large number of middle and old age people. And now there are still trends to the fact that the disease is getting younger every day. The seriousness of the problem lies in the fact that, having appeared once, the disease will persist throughout life.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The walls of the blood vessels become inflamed and bulging veins appear. Such veins don't look aesthetically pleasing and ugly, but that's not even the point. The problem is that blood clots form in the weakened veins, which can enter the heart through the blood. People who encounter varicose vein symptoms seek to see a doctor. How to treat varicose veins, decides the doctor. However, there are patients who endure to the end, and when they come to the doctors, the doctors are simply horrified.
Leg swelling, bluish skin, necrotic ulcers, inability to move normally. It can be difficult to help patients with these conditions. Some patients suffer from chronic pain, they do not accept surgery for varicose veins in the legs. It is impossible to get rid of varicose veins on the legs with conservative medical methods. Prescription drugs, therapeutic exercises, compression underwear for varicose veins will help to improve the condition of the veins and to some extent prevent the development of the disease.
The risk group are people who spend a lot of time in front of the computer, spend a lot of time standing. It affects the varicose veins of obese people who have problems with blood circulation, respiratory, heart disease.
Treatment of varicose veins at home.
Before starting home treatment of varicose veins with home remedies, consult your doctor.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Kalanchoe juice. spoon 3 times a day. Kalanchoe juice has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, it is used in surgery in the treatment of pressure ulcers, trophic ulcers, boils.
- Every morning, he pour cold water on his feet, as soon as he feels a rush of blood on his feet, dry them and wrap them.
- Camphor and sunflower oil are mixed in equal parts, add a few tablespoons of vodka there, stir well. Fold the gauze into three layers, moisten it in the prepared composition, drain it, wrap the sore leg to the knee. Fasten over with tissue paper (cannot use polyethylene! ), Put on an elastic bandage that is not tight. You need to bandage yourself so you can prick your finger. Walk in a bandage for three days, at this time you should not burden your legs with work and long walks.
- Remove the bandage 4 days before going to bed. Pour 3 tablespoons into a glass of cold boiled water at room temperature. tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide (pharmaceutical preparation). Dip gauze in the composition, squeeze, wrap the legs for two hours. This folk remedy for varicose veins is used until recovery. It is also used for thrombophlebitis.
The best remedy for varicose veins on the legs is a compress with honey, the recommended course is four days.
A layer of honey is applied to the linen fabric, applied to problem areas, bandaged loosely with a cloth, secured with a bandage. The first day, keep the compress for two hours, the next two days, four hours, the last day, leave it overnight. Repeat the compress once a month.
Another recipe for varicose veins:
Combine a tablespoon of coarse salt with a glass of honey. Apply to the cloth, adhere to the problem area, fix the bandage for two days, then remove it, arrange a break for a day. Repeat this nine times. Varicose veins in the legs become smaller. After the course, rest for a month, then you can repeat it. The nodes can disappear completely. The recipe has contraindications: it is forbidden to use it for trophic ulcers.
Hazel (hazelnut), that is, its bark improves blood circulation in capillaries, helps well with varicose veins. The infusion helps people with high cholesterol and atherosclerosis. In the hazelnut bark, there is a useful substance, betulin, which helps reduce cholesterol levels, as well as reduce atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels. Betulin has a beneficial effect on the activity of the liver, prevents obesity. The recipe is simple:
Pour 2 cups of boiling water into a thermos, add 50 gr. hazelnut bark, leave to infuse for 5 hours, strain, use 0. 5 cups 4 times a day, before meals.
Take and mix all the herbs in minced form in 1 tablespoon. spoon: burdock roots, meadowsweet, succession, St. John's wort, wormwood, clover flowers, cuff leaves.
In half a glass of boiling water, add 3 tbsp. collecting spoons, simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Take 2 tablespoons. tablespoons of vegetable and melted butter, add to boiled raw materials, mix, cool, transfer to a dark glass jar with a tight lid.
Store in the refrigerator. The ointment is applied to the problem area with a thick layer, bandaged loosely and fixed with an elastic bandage. Change the bandage 3 times a day.
Diet for varicose veins
With varicose veins on the legs, you need to monitor the diet. Containers should not be overloaded with heavy and fatty semi-finished products. For the recovery of varicose veins, the most favorable time of the year is summer. In the hot season, fresh and healthy food, many vitamins are available.
Try to eat more foods that are good for your blood vessels. Many patients do not attach importance to proper nutrition, they rely only on ointments, tablets and rubs. However, you cannot help yourself with medication alone, you must follow a diet.
Here are some tips to follow:
- A prerequisite is to eat a large handful of vegetables throughout the day. Eat lettuce, dill, cabbage, they contain a lot of vitamins.
- An excellent source of vitamin C is bell peppers. The vegetable is considered an antioxidant, it strengthens the walls of the veins. Eat it in salads, soups or you can just eat it raw.
- Replace meat soups with okroshka in summer, soups with herbs on kefir, cold borscht. The listed dishes have much less calories, they do not overload the stomach.
- Start breakfast each morning with porridge: oatmeal, wheat, honey or berries.
- A glass of freshly squeezed juice from berries, apples, carrots with beets is a must.
- Have a fast day once a week with vegetables. On that day, eat only salads and vegetable broths.
You should not starve, baked goods should not be eaten, but berries, carrots, and cabbage leaves can be chewed. The body itself will understand that it will not have to starve, it will stop storing fat for future use. Veins will only get better with that.
As you can see, the tips are pretty straightforward. If you do not overload yourself with heavy food, but eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, the varicose veins on the legs decrease, along with them, the night cramps disappear.