How to treat varicose veins, how to help the body.
Varicose vein disease: occurs most often in people over 30 years old. Varicose disease affects not only beautiful women, but also half of humanity.
If you start treating varicose veins in the initial stages, you can quickly stop their further development and completely eliminate unpleasant symptoms.
There are many methods and ways to cure varicose veins, usually they are prescribed in combination, so that the treatment is as productive and effective as possible.
Conventionally, the methods of treating varicose veins can be divided into four groups:
- Drug therapy
- Therapeutic measures of a preventive nature.
- Unconventional ways.
- Operative methods for the treatment of varicose veins.
First, let's take a closer look at how to treat varicose veins with medication.
This includes pharmaceuticals for external and internal use.
The use of external preparations: creams, gels and various varicose ointments. The drugs of this group are especially effective for the treatment of varicose veins in the legs, in the initial stages. The way to use them is simple. External remedies should be rubbed into varicose veins twice a day.
All external antiviral drugs are divided into 4 types according to the mode of action:
- Acceleration of venous blood flow. The main component of these drugs is usually heparin.
- Strengthening agents for vessels with decongestant and analgesic effect.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They are used to cure varicose veins in the legs, in the stage of thrombus formation.
- Hormonal antihistamines.
The next group of medications used to treat varicose veins includes oral medications that will act on varicose veins throughout the body.
- Phlebotonics: normalize intravenous circulation and tone varicose veins. The methods of treating varicose veins with such funds are usually similar and are two-fold pills. But the exact dosage will be prescribed only by a qualified treating physician. These drugs will not only help eliminate varicose veins, but will also significantly reduce unpleasant symptoms in the form of swelling, pain, and burning.
- And how to cure varicose veins with blood thinners? These agents prevent excessive blood thickening by normalizing intravenous blood flow.
How to treat varicose veins with contrasting temperatures? Hydrotherapy will help to cope with the disease - this is a sequential effect of hot and cold water jets. As a result, there is first a sharp compression, and then the expansion of varicose veins.
This method of treatment is especially effective in the initial stage of varicose veins, when capillary stars have appeared on the surface of the skin.
In addition to drug therapy, a series of therapeutic exercises is recommended for the treatment of varicose veins.
The effective exercises against varicose veins are:
- Bicycle from the "supine" position.
- Get up from your toes to your heels and vice versa.
- Alternately roll a tennis ball with both feet on the ground.
- Activities in the pool.
- Yoga complex recommended for varicose patients.
Treating varicose veins with alternative medicine is also effective. Before you decide to try this or that popular recipe, you should discuss it with your doctor.
Most often in folk medicine intended for the treatment of varicose veins, horse chestnut, nettle, apple cider vinegar, garlic and soft drinks are used.
- Take a 9% apple cider vinegar solution and scrub the problem areas. The procedure should be repeated twice a day for a month.
- Pour fifty grams of chestnut flowers with 500 ml of vodka, infuse for 14 days in a dark place. Recommendations for admission are as follows: take 2 tablespoons. l. three times a day for a month.
- Take 1 large tablespoon of chicory, meadowsweet, crow's foot, chamomile and St. John's wort each, pour 0. 5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Once the broth has cooled, drain and add a glass of fat (best of all badger). Such an ointment should be applied at night, in addition, warmed up with a film and a fabric bandage.
Medical institution services
There are a number of treatments for varicose veins that are performed only in specialized private clinics or public hospitals. Surgical intervention methods of varying degrees of complexity include:
- Sclerotherapy is the introduction of a special solution into the affected vein, which will ensure the adhesion of the vessels and eliminate their blood supply systems. This method of treating varicose veins is especially recommended in the early stages, since later the effectiveness of the method decreases by 30%.
- Laser and radiofrequency ablation: Due to exposure to laser beams or radiation frequencies, varicose veins are stuck together. Such treatment is carried out under local anesthesia and, in some cases, a period of rehabilitation is required.
- Phlebectomy is the total or partial removal of a varicose vein. This method, although it is one of the most effective, is gradually becoming a thing of the past, as it involves full anesthesia, quite severe pain and a long postoperative recovery period.
If you are in doubt about choosing a method to treat varicose veins, you can always get the advice of a phlebologist.
As you can see, there are many methods of treating varicose veins, and all of them can be effective, as long as the doctor's recommendations, prescription, and method of application are strictly followed.
And also one should not forget about the correction of the daily routine and diet. Also, it is best to get rid of bad habits - the consumption of alcohol and nicotine once and for all.
It is necessary to constantly apply preventive measures against varicose veins. contrast shower, external venotonic agents, mild physical activity.